Saturday Night Part 2

This is the general gist of what apparently happened. (And yes, I realize I spelled Volkswagen wrong in the photo... I was in a hurry).

The Volkswagen, which is the 17 year-olds car, was coming down the street. They insisted they were just eating french fries and going the speed limit. They got distracted and hit the Honda Accord. The Honda was parked on the right side of this street about where the Volkswagen is in the photograph.

The Honda was then pushed across the street and into my car. They then backed up the Volkswagen and got out of the car when my sister came running out of the house.

The first thing my sister saw was the passenger... standing there still eating his french fries. And he was a little prick, seeing no blood and everyone out of the car and fine (and eating french fries) - she started asking questions.

That's when he started to give her attitude. Because after he told her that they were going the speed limit, she asked him what was going on in that car and what he had been doing to distract the driver.

Both insisted they were doing nothing. B.S. I've been in two wrecks (I was in the backseat both times and both times were in high school) where the front passenger flipped out and grabbed the wheel or was distracting the driver resulting in the car accident. But that's not what the cops heard. But whatever.

So, of course... everyone comes out of their houses. Great. This is why nothing got done because now the entire neighborhood is up and out on the street meddling.

First cop on the scenes walks up to us and goes, "this kind of thing never happens here." No, no it doesn't, until you get the high school friends visiting going 50 in a 15.

So, of course, the next hour and a half is waiting for the cops to get all the information and talking to the kids and waiting for the tow trucks. No one was really concerned with my car, mainly because the Honda was totaled and the owners weren't home.

The kid is being charged with reckless driving and I probably won't be subpenad to court, but I might go anyway.

So my car is still out front and everyone has given me their opinion. We don't know if it's drivable. The frame could be/mostly likely is bent. I need to get my suspension check. It bent my hood. And well, I need a new door and new side and G-d only knows what else.

I'm glad I wasn't in the car, because my sister and I almost were. We had gone to the gym and were going to stay another 20 minutes but decided to go on home. If we'd stayed we would've been getting home when the kid was driving down the street.

It's just sucks. My car was supposedly safely parked outside my house and it gets smashed into. And if one more person is like, "that's what insurance is for," I think I'll scream. Yes, I realize that's what insurance is for, but I'm a good driver and I try to watch out and drive defensively and I had a great car that wasn't damaged and it's just frustrating that I have to waste my time and effort getting this fixed.

But yes, I'm fine. Slideshow below.

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.