So - we have this client. I've never liked him as a person... I think he's sketchy and kind of underhanded.

He'd always bring in other brochures (sometimes the competitions') and logos he liked and wanted us to use those as inspiration for all his little projects. One, they were usually horrible and two, he didn't really want us to use them to go off of. He wanted us to copy them.

He brought in a business card once he like and I (begrudgingly) did one like it and when he was shown it he said, "no, don't reinvent the wheel - make it exactly like it." Logo and all.

I loathed him coming in. Mostly because I thought he was sleazy (with bad ideas) and I kept telling everyone that we shouldn't copy the materials like he wanted us too. That and he'd throw up all over anything I did.

But everybody else loved him. Oh, he's such a good brainstormer... blah, blah.

So he wants another new website for the 5th time and when he called he happened to ask one of my bosses if she liked the redesign of one of the websites we'd already done.

Yeah, news to her.

So she called me to look at it. #1 it's not bad, I liked it. I liked it better than the mess he wanted before, which irritated me. Because I would've preferred to design it a different way... but I won't go into that because that gets into my boss not knowing a thing about websites and other icky things that I think we should do and don't.

The main point I liked was that she was irritated and made the comment about what a "fast talker" he is and how she doesn't think he's always honest and how he's kind of sketchy.

I agreed and refrained from shouting "I told you so!" at her. Which is what I wanted to do.

Finally someone else sees it. Now I would just like to never have to do anything for him again.

2 comments:

  1. RFB said...

    It would be very nice if she now acts on her suspicions and lets this client go.

    I have had the pleasure a couple of times to refuse service to clients I felt were either, as you say, sketchy, and others whose businesses I simply did not believe in and could not for the life of me get myself to sell. Sure, you lose the cash, but you sleep better knowing you did the right thing.

    This guy you describe sounds like a perfect asshole.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    He is!! I hope we let him go... it would make my year.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.