Too many commas. Dear Lord... I know I'm not the best at punctuation (re: my fascination with ellipses) but even I try not to over use the comma in a series bit.

We've got a new client and until until they settle on their new logo, we're band-aiding one of their websites. For some reason this construction company also sells Microsoft products. And the website dealing with all their Microsoft products needed some quick fixes and the guy (that marketing guy) wanted it to do better with search engines so we needed to edit the copy.

We didn't edit the copy a lot, because from my understanding we get to rewrite it a little when designing the new site (geez, I hope so) so a lot of it was still the same.

I just finished looking it over for our programmer to double-check everything and damn. Maybe it was a combination of the commas plus a whole bunch of words that dealt with accounting but my eyes almost bled.

I sincerely hope that the audience he wants coming to the site knows what they're talking about because if it was someone like me they wouldn't stay 30 seconds. But even if they did know something, you can't make every sentence have a list... it's just awful.

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.