Real Heroes

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Perhaps I was too callous yesterday. The issues irritating me last night are inconsequential to the events.

If it was a perfect world no one would remember that madman's name. Several times I've heard people mention William Morva. How many people remember his name, but can't recall the names of the brave deputy and security guard he shot?

My father knew a lot of the faculty in the engineering department. Thankfully, none of his friends were killed, we don't think any were injured. But he had met Liviu Librescu. I hope the heroic stories like his, Derek O'Dell and law enforcement's are what are burned into people's minds. After all the senseless violence, stories like his remind me of the goodness inherent in most people. I can't help but be completely overcome with sadness at the thought of wonderful people and students with so much of their lives in front of them being taken away with such senseless acts of evil.

I pray the violence is over... words from me seem useless right now.

http://blog.myspace.com/vtmemorial_41607

Update: Unfortunately, I've found out that my father knew Kevin Granata. My prayers go out to the close friends and family of this brilliant man.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    All I can muster is stunned silence. There's no sense to be found. Just horrible waste of all those promising young people. And the survivors -- I've seen interviews, and they will carry what they saw the rest of their lives. Yes, Liviu Librescu. I'll remember him.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.