Stop It

Stop. It. Now.

I admit it - I've used the phrase "rock star parking" when I get an parking space RIGHT by an establishment's door.

BUT THAT IS THE ONLY TIME I USE IT. And I do so in the privacy of my car to very close friends.

Now everyone's using it, including advertisments. But I'll let someone else tackle that one.

Today I'm going over something that is just as bad, or worse, in my opinion. Something that has been brewing in my annoyances pot for a while now. The rock star hand sign.

Unless you have long, greasy hair and are wearing a Pantera shirt or are actually on stage rocking (and even then you might look dumb), STOP IT.

And stop using it in your MySpace profile photos. I'm talking to you... the girl in 4-inch heels, trendy clothing and the pompadour. Oh and the tongue - stick that thing back in your mouth, you look like an idiot.

All this tells me is that you definitely DO NOT rock and that you are trying too hard. I'm telling you this for your own good, no one thinks you're cool but you and your drunk friend beside you.

I'm serious, stop.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    PLEASE include in this dead-on rant the Faux gang symbol flashers with the “yeeeahh bouuuyyyy!!” expression on their ‘grill.’

    Oh, they know who they are. Yes they do.

  2. RFB said...

    The mouth askew, one eyebrow up crowd. I've got a hand sign for the lot of 'em.

  3. Thinking In Vain said...

    These are excellent examples.

    Posers, all of them.

  4. Anonymous said...

    I am totally that girl (ie my last Facebook picture). However, I do rock. I rock hard... just maybe in the privacy of my own home.

    XO
    SB

  5. Thinking In Vain said...

    OK, that's it SB, I can never speak to you again. ;p



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.