Teaching 7th Graders

Quick observations before my butt takes a nap.

  • Teachers are way underpaid for what they have to deal with. My feet, knees and hips HURT.

  • I'm exhausted. And apparently the kids were ANGELS today.

  • They are very smart... smarter than they think they are. The kids came up with some pretty awesome slogans/tag lines. (I have pictures of some of the ads they did to come.)

  • They know the Snickers jingle by heart. Every class could sing it. Which they did, I have audio.

  • The class that was supposed to be "remedial," or at least the worst class were some of the smartest... they definitely saw through some of the ads.

  • They plagiarize a little too much. One of the teacher's assistants was going through recent papers highlighting all the stuff they copy/pasted from the internet. All I can say is DAMN.

That's it for now. I ate school lunch - not bad. They have "Got Milk" ads in the cafeteria, but I'm hungry so I'm off to eat and probably take a nap. I had to borrow lunch money.

Oh, and my friend is my new hero.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    There is no doubt in my mind that teachers are underpaid. It's shameful reflection of our values, I'm afraid. We need kids to be smarter with each generation, especially now. Can't wait for details of your experience.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    Yes, at one point my friend looked over at me when we were trying to get them to pay attention and said, "these are the kids that are going to be taking care of us someday."

    I told her she wasn't funny.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.