Problems at Movie Theaters

So this from Make The Logo Bigger reminded me of my movie going experience this past Monday.

Monday afternoon, my sister and I decided to go see a movie.

We walked up to the girl taking the tickets and she looked at me and my sister and said, "I need to check your bags for [something mumbled]."

I said "ok," as I opened my bag... "what are you looking for?"

"Cameras."
"Oh, I have a camera." I showed her my camera case.
"But there's nothing in there?"
"No, my camera is in here." (I'm too damn honest.)
"You can't bring that into the theater, but you can leave it at the desk." She points to the customer service desk behind us with some sketchy-looking man standing behind it.
"I'm not leaving it there."

She told me I could take it to my car. So we left and half-way to my car I realized that it's about 400˚ with the humidity and my camera might not like that. So every step I got more and more irritated. Cat said I should say something when we got back in (which we've now learned, I hate to do.)

We got back in and she didn't check our bags (Cat pointed out that again we were too honest as I could've kept the camera in my bag). But I did tell her that if the heat ruined my camera I'd be getting money. She said OK.

When we sat down in the theater, we realized that 1) she hadn't checked ANYONE else for cameras and 2) there was no sign that said you couldn't have a camera in your bag and 3) we had come to the same theater Friday night to see Pirates (with the same purses) and had not been required to open our bags.

So we were irritated. Or well, I was and now all I was concerned with was that my camera would be OK. Besides, like I had enough batteries to film the entire film and they would have seen me trying to.

Now, we're waiting for the movie to start - I dunno what's worse the 20 minutes of previews and commercials or the damn E! trivia before those that I have to listen to. All of a sudden a very loud employee is telling us to settle down and he has announcements for us.

The gist of it was that we needed to turn our cell phones off now, if we needed to take a call we had to leave the theater completely. If someone so much as put the phone up to their ear, they would have to leave the theater for good. If they saw a cell phone light, the person would have to leave the theater and could not come back. Text messaging is not allowed. If someone is bothering you, come find them and they will kick them out.

Now enjoy the movie.

So they try to take my camera and they give me a lecture (I realize that the lecture wasn't directed solely at me, but still). We've decided not to go back if we can help it. Bad thing is, that's the cleanest theater in the Valley.

That and the movie was horrible. Stop making sequels.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I hate sequels. By their nature, they have to rehash a lot of the ground covered in the previous flim, and still make it interesting. MAYBE, Aliens was about the best sequel in terms of both a film and sequel title, and even Godfather II.

    Of course, you gotta love a good Jaws 3-D.

    ;-p

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    Aliens was quite awesome... :)



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.