Ugh

I think I need to go back to bed and start this whole week over.

Now I need two new tires. WTF? I just put new tires on my car, well two new tires, in September.

But I had another one replaced after a flat tire about a year ago. This couldn't be patched because it apparently had holes in the whitewall/blackwall - whatever that thing is called. They said it was quite dangerous.

So shouldn't I only need one? No, I need two. One apparently has very little tread and the other one has the thread almost showing. What does that mean? It can't be good. My least favorite thing is taking a car in for regular maintenance (oil change) and getting slapped with all these things wrong. It's only got 40,000 miles.

I looked up the Goodyear Eagle RS-A, which are the tires they've been putting on my car, and apparently it's a crap tire. Several reviews said that they either fell apart or wore worn (despite regular maintenance) after 7,000 - 20,000 miles. I want a different tire. That's ridiculous.

So I looked up tires and found a Bridgestone (Potenza G 009) that is basically the same level tire (high-performance, all-season) but it's got a better rating and it's less expensive. But they can't put that on my car. Only the Goodyear one and something by Uniroyal which I can't even find reviews on. Ford sucks, they are no longer doing my maintenance.

Best part was when I called the other tire stores for pricing and told them what was on my car, they kind of snickered and then agreed with me after I told them about the reviews I'd read.

And question: do I really have to have an alignment if they just did it 7,000 miles ago??????

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.