I don't think anything else could go wrong this morning. And as I type this I'm frantically knocking on wood so that nothing else will.

I overslept this morning and despite my best efforts felt as if I was moving underwater. And on top of getting ready I have to take all the covers off my plants that I was protecting from the bitter cold last night (and which I've been doing ever since last week - it's too cold).

And it's not working. I pulled off the covers and all the pansies look sick. They're all drooped over and kind of wilting. And they have been for the last couple of days. I called my mother about it and she insisted they would perk up in the sunlight. They kind of did, but then they fall right back over at night. The other plants look alright but the hydrangeas' leaves are turning brown.

So much for covering them.

So that made me run late and even though I was only about 15 minutes late, my boss was actually here early. For the past 4 months she's not been here before 10:00, and the day I'm running late she's been here since like 7.

As I made my way upstairs, I heard the most horrible noise. I thought it was something the GE guys were doing - well, I hoped it was something they were doing. Nope. One of our back up drives is dying. And making a horrible noise while doing it. Doug thanked me for fixing it. I told him I didn't fix it, I just stopped it. And our printer is now giving me error messages. Oh, and our phones don't work (at least I'm not the one that has to fix that). I don't like being IT.

Alright. I'm stopping. [/whining]

Update: The printer is now co-operating, the phones are working and I have momentarily fixed our back-up situation and have ordered a new one. Although in other news, my back turn signal is out which makes my front one spaz out.

Oh, and I have nothing to do. I am contemplating moving from my nice, awesome office to the not-so-awesome, freezing one downstairs in hopes that my boss will remember that I work for her and give me something to do.

But in the very good news category: it's getting warmer so maybe I can save my half-dead pansies.

Update 2: Actually, I believe it's not that my boss has forgotten that I'm her employee, she seems to have forgotten she has an agency...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Pansy killer.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    I am! It's horrible. I'm terribly upset about it.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.