Space Food Sticks

So Jetpacks posted an old commercial for Pillsbury Space Food Sticks. And being the curious (and sometimes gullible) person I am, I wanted to taste one.

So I googled it and a place called The Space Store sells them. I bought the chocolate ones. They came in the mail today.

Instead of a long, crayon-shaped stick - they are now bite-sized pieces. And to be honest, they taste like a softer, chalkier version of a tootsie roll. They don't taste exactly like tootsie rolls, maybe more like old tootsie rolls where the chocolate tastes a little off.

There was a comment on Jetpacks' blog about their texture being like

a cross between a Slim Jim and semi-melted crayon. The flavour is even less desirable.
I do think they've improved a little though. Softer, old tootsie roll is much better than that.

I don't think they're giving me "lasting energy to feel alive!" I think they're giving me a headache. But I'm not supposed to have a lot of sugar and those little bite-size pieces have 19 grams of sugar (and I already had a cookie today).

Okay, I've got like 9 pieces left, who wants one?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    O, good. You're like Mikey's sister. Surely, then, you're willing to try these?
    http://freelancefred.com/blog/no-wonder-chinas-kicking-our-ass/

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    I'll try most anything at least once.

    One time our waiter at the local Mexican restaurant dared me to eat the really hot sauce, plain. He said he'd give me a free dinner.

    That stuff was HOTTTT and I didn't get my free dinner.

  3. Thinking In Vain said...


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.