Well, it's almost St. Patrick's Day and today target="blank">Kegs & Eggs 8 is going on in DC (put on by DC101).

DC101 streams their station, so I went to listen as I usually do since I'm not ever in DC for it. Not that I really would want to, people line up at zero-dark-thirty to get in. And I, personally, find it hard to drink before noon even if it is a holiday (as much as St. Patrick's Day is a holiday).

Anyways, my point. I have one. Before the stream started I had the joy to watch a local gem of a car commercial for Easterns Automotive Group.

Here in SW Virginia we have car commercials like the ones Jetpack describes. They have the George Bush and Arnold impersonators too, but we also have Andy Griffith and the one currently in rotation that I hate - Rodney Dangerfield ("I said I wanted a deal, he brought me a burger and fries, he thought I said meal" *cue laugh track*).

But I wish we had car commercials like the one I saw, and luckily someone put it on YouTube.

*Warning: The jingle is still in my head - watch at your discretion, but you know you want to. There are lots more too for your viewing pleasure.*

2 comments:

  1. RFB said...

    What's with the firefighters washing their truck shot? Gratuitous Patriotism 9/11 We Willl Never Forget include?

    And yes - the warning should've been heeded. I need an aural pallette cleanser.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    lol, told you it was catchy. ;)

    I personally like the white business man rocking out on his cellphone.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.