Well, I Thought It Was Funny



I'm irritable today. Maybe it's because everyone is dissing a new show I found funny (which was the point of the show - sort of reminds me of Psych in an ad agency).

So far, I think I'm the only one who watched this show who even mildly liked it. But, of course, most people I know who watched it watched it through the eyes of someone working in an ad agency (and we're too cool to like things). ;)

Nobody here in the blog world liked Mad Men when it first started either (I didn't). It took several episodes for people to get into it and now everyone's drooling over the show. What? I'm just saying. But that's not my point.

What is my point? Not sure I have one. But I don't think the setting is what is going to make this show. Sure, ad people tuned in to watch it because it deals with advertising. Makes me wonder if cops tune into check out every new crime drama that gets the go-ahead. Never-mind, they wouldn't get anything done. Although, I wonder if they're as "that's not how it really is" as we seem to be. Oh wait, my mother does like to point out how very non-realistic most hospital dramas are.

Of course it's not. This is TV, nobody would really wants to watch what I do all day. Pretty much like House solves random, rare diseases by the skin of his genius teeth every episode, so these guys are gonna come up with dumb commercials (well, that's VERY real life, talk to anyone outside of advertising about the crap we make them watch). But I doubt you tune into House to see what the disease du jour is, at least I don't.

I already like Tom Cavanaugh and his character is hysterical in this show (my sister made the comment that if I did and said everything I thought I'd come off rather similar - so maybe I have to like him), so I'm interested enough by him to see what the other characters do.

Anyways, I'll definitely be watching again, mostly because I already watch The Closer and this comes on after, so I can remember to watch it.

3 comments:

  1. RFB said...

    Haven't seen it yet, but this is insightful:

    "and we're too cool to like things"

    Way too true.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    this is insightful

    It happens occasionally. ;)

  3. Anonymous said...

    I really like Thomas Cavanagh, ever since I saw him in 'Ed', so this clip appealed to me instantly :).

    Any idea how big Ed was over there? In England it was only shown on one obscure channel. I watched it by accident, but I loved it so!



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.