Too much stuff...

I have been busy. But I'm going on vacation next week! No, I'm not going anywhere, my finances, like the economy, are not as they should be. And I've been busy following the election.

I'm not going to give my opinions necessarily, despite having some strong ones. I don't articulate them very well. But I would urge anyone who happens by here to actually go read up on both candidates. You can't get to the meat of their experience, policies, and records through a 2-minute TV sound byte. Go read an article that is so long it would hurt your eyes to read on your computer. A read ones both for and against both candidates and make up your own mind.

Don't be swayed by oversimplified talking points and pretty graphics.

I found a quote the other day and I really like it and think it's quite relevant for these days. I haven't researched the man that much yet, but the quote, I like.

Television is altering the meaning of 'being informed' by creating a species of information that might properly be called disinformation… Disinformation does not mean false information. It means misleading information – misplaced, irrelevant, fragmented or superficial information – information that creates the illusion of knowing something, but which in fact leads one away from knowing.

~Neil Postman

1 comments:

  1. Joker said...

    I think that's why the person I voted for in the primaries isn't running for President.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.