It's Almost Here.

It's now officially Fall and last night I came home to a surprise present from a friend: Halloween candy. She has a 3-year old and a 6-year old and it was their idea to leave the candy.

I can ignore milk chocolate, and Whoppers (which I'd never had before) and I can even ignore Kit Kat's and suckers, but dammit she put Reese's Cups and Junior Mints and I am trying my best to stay out of the kitchen.

September is almost over, which means my FAVORITE month in the whole year is starting soon. Shortly the leaves will start changing and the nights are days are already cooler. I'm going to start making pumpkin pies and soups and I'm going to make my sister make her Butternut Squash lasagna.

I really wish I could take the whole month of October off. I can't but I did take a week off and I can't wait for it. It's taking forever to get here.

Anyway, to get you in the mood, at least a little, because October also brings Halloween! So here are 7 Spooky Ghost Towns for you to enjoy. Or at least procrastinate a little with.

3 comments:

  1. RFB said...

    My favorite month too. And I'm jealous 'cause October is so much better in VA.

  2. M.M. McDermott said...

    I'd love October a lot more if I didn't have to spend so much time purchasing razor blades and apples.

    Sometimes you just want to enjoy the season, you know?

  3. Thinking In Vain said...

    Yeah, VA nice for Fall. :D

    @m.m. mcdermott - lol, yeah, scaring the hell out of 14-year olds that still want to get candy without saying thank you is my favorite Halloween pastime.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.