Embarrassing.

My (identical twin) sister and I don't really dress alike. We never buy the same shirts in the same color. It keeps us from looking like identical twin freaks.

But a week ago I liked a shirt she bought so much that I bought it too... in the same color.

And it bit my ass today.

In my defense, she left this morning before I saw her. This is not allowed because when we don't check we will unconsciously pick out the same color combinations. But before, at least they weren't the same clothes.

Not today, I see her come walking up the street to meet me for lunch and we both stopped in disbelief. Thank G-d I can wear jeans to work so we weren't in the same damn pants too.

Of course, it's not some neutral color. It's bright magenta. It calls attention to the wearer with out needing duplication.

And really, do people NOT think that we can see them staring? One girl had the nerve to actually ask us if it was on purpose and then shouted "really?!" when we told her it wasn't. And then my sister's tries to explain that we're twins and it should be OK.

We totally walked two feet apart back to our respective offices.

4 comments:

  1. Joker said...

    you should have offered her doublemint gum :D

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    Ha ha. I'm still bitter my mother didn't put us in one. We were so much cuter than the Olsen twins.

  3. Joker said...

    The olsen twins are overrated unless someone gets turned on by doing the Shrek Puss in boots... blech. lol.

  4. Thinking In Vain said...

    Ha ha. See, my point exactly!



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.