Updates

I took my mother to the neuropsychologist yesterday for her follow-up evaluation after her testing. Good news is that most of her skills are still average to above-average. However, because they assessed her at being highly above average (if that makes sense) in the 87% range before all her accidents, there are some marked differences. Most noticeably the fact that she's gotten like an ADD 12-year old, but luckily no dementia that can come with brain trauma.

We've been referred to a brain injury group here and they can help us start to "re-train" the way she does things. Next week is our adventure to the neurosurgeon. The MRI of her neck came back abnormal and all her PCP said was that it was bad.

In other news, it's my 5-year reunion this weekend. So I will most likely be harming my liver some.

Happy Friday. :)


2 comments:

  1. Moda di Magno said...

    Okay, in order of appearance in this post:

    Oh My God. My prayers and hopes and energy is with you during this time.

    Have fun at the reunion. Put taxi hotline into celphone list before liver damage.

    That was the cutest video ever.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    Thanks! Luckily they've been reassuring us that Neurosurgeons are very selective in who they give surgery too - so we're hoping bad isn't all that bad.

    Luckily I still live about a block from my alma mater so we could walk. :)

    She is precious, isn't she?



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.