I nearly had a panic attack and passed out yesterday.

I'll update more later since now I'm retouching some photos from that shoot, but let's just say - I'm not terrified (necessarily) of heights just the steps that are so steep they're like ladders. Yeah, I HATE those. I have dreams of being stuck on floors and ledges where those are the only way down (and of course some steps are missing).

Anyways. Oh hell, I'll just tell you now. So I was taking shots of a new factory that was being opened and I noticed there was a platform about 2-stories up where I could get a great shot of the entire factory. First off I didn't think they'd allow me up there and then I noticed the stairs which were almost vertical, so I decided against it.

About 3 minutes later one of the managers of the factory came over (he must've seen me looking at the platform) and told me I could get some great shots of the factory up there.

And that's when I don't know what the in the world possessed me - but I decided that I'd go up there. So about half-way up I realize I'm getting REALLY high, but I was actually too scared to turn around and I didn't want to look dumb by only going half-way up.

So I took some great shots, I was a little shaky but okay. Then I realized that I had to get down. And that's when I had a panic attack. I had to go back down that ladder.

It took me about 5 minutes to get down the ladder because I was so shaky and I was terrified of falling backwards.

So I get down and then, the guy looks at me and says - there's an easier platform at the back but I wanted to see if you'd go up there.

If I hadn't be so wobbly and light-headed I might have hit him. Because that's when I look back and see a smaller but same height platform that has 2 levels of wrap-around (and less steep) steps that I didn't even notice before.

Good news is that I didn't pass out, because not only do I have no idea how they would've gotten me down, but I most certainly would've ruined the ribbon-cutting and made the nightly news.

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.