The Power of H

I used to love riddles. In fact, I had this very old book of my mothers and I took it upon myself in about the 3rd grade to memorize all of them... and then probably proceeded to annoy the hell out of everyone I knew.

Like this one:
What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
Answer: The letter M

or

What did the old woman say when she opened her refrigerator and saw that it was bare?
Answer: O I C U R M T

Yeah, I thought I was funny. And either my mother received unmeasurable amounts of joy at seeing my pleasure when I could tell her the answer or she was worn to a frazzle after a day of me and my sister and my stupid jokes and couldn't remember the answer.

So I'm a fan of the new Lexus commercial for their hybrids... even though it annoys me to no end that they decided to give the answer away.



2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    I completely and totally agree with you. The spot would have been WAY better without revealing the h until the end. I'm sure some AE opened his mouth in that meeting and said "Hey, we should show the "h" in the words first!" And the client said "YES!" And the creative guy (or gal) who wrote the spot sat on the other side of the table imagining ways to kill them both with his laser pointer.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    Ha ha, yes EXACTLY.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.