No Wonder

So some (okay, most) of my photographs with my new (refurbished) digital camera have come out fuzzy. And at first I thought it was the camera. And it was making me upset.

And before I tell you this, I'm going to say that if this had been a good old fashioned film camera I WOULD HAVE SEEN THIS. Yes, I would have.

There was a thumb print on my lens... which took up the entire lens. I'm not sure how it got there because I haven't touched it, but it was there.

When I look through the view finder on my manual cameras I can see exactly what my lens sees - fingerprints, scratches, dust, and everything and I can do something about it. And I think to look because there's a good size area to have that sort of thing happen. This thing is like a half an inch, how'd a fingerprint even get on it?

So yeah, hopefully my shots will be über sharp now. Well, as sharp as they can be.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Let's see some sans fingerprint. As you know, we bought our camera from the same supplier, though they're different cameras, and mine is also a refurb. I swear mine has a piece of something, lint or a hair inside the lens. Weirdly, and thankfully, I cannot see it in any of my shots, so I'm writing it off to, uh, character.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    I meant to take some this weekend - but cleaning off the dining room table overwhelmed me. ;p

    I'm hoping that was it and that the fingerprint was there all along - that or this camera has a very limited depth of field.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.