But we all knew that, didn't we?

One of my Mom's best friend got messed up on his taxes from his 401K withdrawl. He didn't know you had to pay taxes on it. Or he thought he already had and he hadn't, either way he has to now.

So my sister, an accountant, said she'd do it for him. He instead went to H&R Block (which he had to pay for). This is where he found out about his problems. Well, most people can't pay $2400+ right then and there. So I'm pretty sure they can fill out a form for an extension and another one for an installment agreement.

I know this because I had to do it the first year I freelanced and nobody told me about estimated taxes. So I'd told him about that before he went to H&R Block, because I thought my sister would do his taxes.

So he went, and he asked about the installment. The tax guy he went to looked at him and said, "They like you to pay it all at once." And hands him his slip or something.

Ass.

I've got the forms and my sister and I will have to figure it out tonight. Well, SHE will figure it out...

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.