Go Them

I don't know how big Tesco is... but it made me happy. It reinforces my Utopian ideal that perhaps, someday, when a community protests a Wal-Mart the city council will listen and tell Wal-Mart to go away.

Or a railway.

Chocolate Village Wins Battle With Tesco

This has put a line in the sand - people like Tesco who think they can come and sell alcohol without consulting the communities cannot. It’s not that we are opposed to drinking alcohol - this isn’t a moral or religious stand. But there is a tradition here and we would like it to be respected.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    In the railway story I had to stop when I read reference to "the sludge industry." I wonder if they have their own trade rag -- Sludge World.

    Eminent domain lately has been out of control, having raised blood pressure points on aggregate 1,223,643,544 points.

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    Yeah, everyone is pretty upset about it. I don't live there but I drive through it enough that I would hate it myself.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.