One of my best friends has asked me to come and talk about advertising with her 7th graders. I jokingly asked her what would I say to 7th graders about advertising. She then told me she had lesson plans for me to use.

I told her I couldn't wait to look over them and see what they said, she then got irritated at me and told me her favorite thing to teach was advertising.

I changed the subject.

I can't wait to see what the lesson plans say, though. I remember this great video about how they really make commercials. I swear it was an HBO special - I loved it... I used to want to watch it over and over again. They told you things like how ice cream was really mashed potatoes and ice cubes weren't ice cubes.

The other thing I remember from the program is that Guess Who commercial where they made the pieces talk and all these poor little kids thought their board game was going to talk and move. I tried to find the name of the program but no luck, Google isn't cooperating with me today.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I can't wait to hear what you'll tell them. We must have a debriefing after the event. In fact, why not record it?

  2. Thinking In Vain said...

    You know, now that's an idea. I think I might have to do that.

    Maybe I can make them come up with a commercial or something.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.